Basically Laughter Yoga gives people the opportunity to bring out the ‘child’ in themselves and embrace a sense of fun.
Sessions consist of:
- chanting ‘ho ho, ha ha, he he’ (to warm up facial muscles) combined with hand claps, which touches the acupressure points to energise.
- Playing out exercises of every day activities like greeting hand shake—with laughter
- Deep Pranayama Yogic breathing exercises to clear the lungs and fill with fresh oxygen.
- Relaxation at the end of the session.
Participants need to be:
- willing to have a go
- happy to have eye contact with others
- prepared to ‘fake’ laughter to start with so that it soon becomes real and contagious